Tessa and I have been spending our time in Nelson for the last three weeks. We spent the holidays here. The hostel had a potluck for all the guests where we all brought a food from our home country. Tessa and I made sugar cookies. Since the holidays are in the summer here, it felt very much like a 4th of July celebration and we all jumped into the pool afterward.
Missed all my friends and family over the holidays!!
For New Years, a couple of girls I work with and I went into the center of town where there was a countdown party in the center with a DJ and we did some dancing.

A side trip we did during our stay here was to visit the Queen Charlotte Track. For the first day, we went around the sounds on a boat and caught a fish!! The next day we hiked only part of the track. It was extremely beautiful and the water was so blue! Here are some photos!
The center of New Zealand is just a walk away from our hostel and I have done this trek a couple of times.
Not too much more news to report here. It has been fun spending some time in the hostel and getting to know a lot of different places but a lot of different places (but mostly Germany and France)
No comments:
Post a Comment